In March we had an English teacher quit. All of us who teach English at the school, including my husband and I took on extra work. We sent out an email letting people know about our shortage; Ecuadorian English teachers are in quite short supply here...I was not getting enough sleep with the increase in my class schedule and was wondering how we were going to make it until the end of the school year.
Well, a special lady from Oregon volunteered to come and help us the last 2 months of school. She took over my 5 classes with the preschool and kindergarten and did a terrific job. I was able to finish the school year well with my 1st grade class and help with the planning for the new year!! Gal. 6:2 "Bear one another's burdens"; thanks Diane for being a terrific burden bearer!! Diane left yesterday...I know she left a little of her heart here!! She will be missed...That is one of the tough things about working with short-term volunteers. I get pretty attached to them and it is a sad day when they leave.
Thinking about volunteering overseas?? It is DEFINITELY worth it and even a few months can be a huge help to the organization that you are volunteering with.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario